Using repeatrecordcount & imposition

randomhello

using OnRecordStart:

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount=Field("REPEATCOUNT")

where REPEATCOUNT record 1 = 100, record 2 = 32, record 3 = 45; etc.

But also using 3-up imposition (8.5x3.5" on Letter) with a Vertical 3 and Duplicate turned On.

End result is that I'm getting triplicate of what I need of course. I need 100 versions of rec 1, 32 of rec 2, 45 of rec 3, but I want to print 3-up. Based on other threads I've read, seems like you cant co-mingle RepeatRecordCount and Imposition successfully. Main idea is that the count is variable, so really best to do this with a rule as opposed to setting the Stack amount in Imposer everytime. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want in the output, but it sounds like you want to start a new stack for every input record. You can do that by adding this logic to the OnRecordStart rule:

if (FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1)
   FusionPro.Composition.StartNewStack();

Yes, startnewstack is intended, but the issue I'm having is with the mix of impo + repeat. I am getting 3x as many records as I want. So for instance, if rec1 repeats 100x, the 3x impo makes is actually result in 300x. And this makes sense... the impo is not aware of the repeatrecord and vice versa, so they're simply performing their respective task independent of each other.

I think I may have answered my own question however. Based on some other threads it seems like I'll probably have to use some math to divide my repeat count by the n-up value, so 100/3 for instance.

thanks

using OnRecordStart:

But also using 3-up imposition (8.5x3.5" on Letter) with a Vertical 3 and Duplicate turned On.

Why do you have "duplicated" turned on in your imposition if you don't want your records duplicated 3 times across the sheet?

I need the records duplicated across the sheet instead of a cut/stack setup because of the variable number of times each 'ticket' will be printed. it makes more sense to have a 3-up sheet of the same info than to have a stack imposition.

the answer to my problem was to divide the repeat count by the imposition count and round up to the nearest full integer:

var COUNT = Field("SHIPCOUNT")/3;

var ROUNDUP = Math.ceil(COUNT)

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount=ROUNDUP

if (FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordNumber == 1)

FusionPro.Composition.StartNewStack();