Set background color under type

akappycanfieldtack.com

I'm looking for a way to have a block of background color turn on or off by a yes or no test in a field. The background color would have to move up or down as the preceding amount of text changes.

In other words, I would put in an inline graphic but have it underlay a specific block of type if "yes" is checked.

Andy

Thanks Dan,

I haven't used your table feature as yet. Am I correct that this uses fixed hight rows that would not slide up with empty cells above?

Looking at the User Guide section under (templates and repeatable components), it appears that the graphic and the text would still be discrete elements. I don't see where the graphic, say a block of flat color, would underlay the text and flow with it.

Andy

I haven't used your table feature as yet. Am I correct that this uses fixed hight rows that would not slide up with empty cells above?

No, that's incorrect. Column widths are fixed, but table rows grow to fit the largest cell in the row.

Looking at the User Guide section under (templates and repeatable components), it appears that the graphic and the text would still be discrete elements. I don't see where the graphic, say a block of flat color, would underlay the text and flow with it.

I'm thinking of a repeatable component which consists only of a single text frame, which has a background (fill) color, so that the text frame itself could act like an inline graphic.

I think this is one of those "a picture is worth a thousand words" cases. Can you post a mockup of what you're trying to achieve?

That looks like a table to me. Each menu item is a cell in a one-column table, and that table is set into a multi-column text frame (or two connected text frames). Then you just set shading (and maybe a top border) on any cell you want to feature.

By the way, you're making me hungry for fish tacos! :D

Archived