Intelligent Mail Barcode

tlcoke

• 1 month later...

The Fusion Pro Font renders the Long Bars too large, they are out of spec. I have tried font size from 14 down to 11 pt.

Im now able to see the USPS Std and Cmpct fonts using the FATD string with no rule. At first glance this appears to look more normal, going to send it down to our quality control people and see if its correct.

JorgeP, Here's the specs we use when using the IMB. We use the USPS4CB font from the USPS RIBBS website. Perhaps this will help you.

FP: IMB Above Address Block

16pts ; Space Below = 7 pts

FP: IMB Below Address Block

14pts ; Space Above = 3 pts ; Leading = 10 pts ; Tracking = 2% ; Kerning = YES

JorgeP, Here's the specs we use when using the IMB. We use the USPS4CB font from the USPS RIBBS website. Perhaps this will help you.

FP: IMB Above Address Block

16pts ; Space Below = 7 pts

FP: IMB Below Address Block

14pts ; Space Above = 3 pts ; Leading = 10 pts ; Tracking = 2% ; Kerning = YES

Thanks, Im using the USPSIMBStandardMACps1 (Im on a Mac) and trying to figure the right fonts size but its for sure not greater than 12 pts. Iv almost got it

... The IDAutomation that comes with fusion pro would have to be used at like 8 points and then apply tracking ... actually I stopped trying at 10 pt so don't know if that would do it because the long bars was what the problem was.

Alex, I noticed this post about IMBs is a few years old. Is the Java script rule you shared now replaced by the 'intelligent barcode rule' included with the current version of FP?

Also, can FP generate the IMB from my Zip, +4, and Delivery Point codes, or do I need to use separate software to generate the IMB coding?

Thanks so much!

(p.s. enjoying using FP Expression that we recently purchased!)

Does your mailing software or data file have the required 64 character alpha "FATD" set?

Support for USPS IMB(Intelligent Mail Barcode) has been available in FusionPro since build 4.0

Go to https://ribbs.usps.gov/onecodesolution/download.cfm

Proceed to download file name : uspsFontsNonAFP-1.4..zip

Unzip then in the “Font” folder of this file you will see “USPSIMBStandard”, copy it to your “c:\windows\fonts” or "Mac HD: Library : Fonts"

Open Acrobat.

Under Fusion Pro tab selected Advance>Load Fonts>>Load All.

Quit Fusion Pro and Acrobat.

Open the PDF with the variable data in and inserted the field then changed the font to “USPSIMBStandard”.

Select font size to 14pt. Preview it to ensure it will print correctly.

Hope that helps!

• 2 months later...

Yeah it does. I wanted a backup logic in case I only got numeric value field to convert from numbers to the FATD Alpha.

I saw the old posts you have but did not see how 4-9 digits get coverted.

How does the Rule for IMB barcode work from the wizard work?

-tony

• 6 months later...
  • 5 years later...