Slip Sheet Issue Using FPImposer

ChrisMondo

Hi all was wondering if someone can help me out. I am doing a numbered ticket job (6.75 x 2.5). Used FPImposer to set up layout 4 up on a sheet. Sequential numbered using infinate stack and need to add a slip sheet after every 50 sheets. Finishing department asked me if I can color the slipsheet so they can find it better. Created a unused body page (using paper size 8.5 x 11), selected the whole page in a text box and colored it yellow. composed my document selecting the unused body page for slip sheet after every 50 pages. Everything works fine with the exception of the slipsheet. It gets added into the proper spot everytime, however, only a small block of area is actually colored. Any ideas on how to make the whole page yellow? I have attached a pdf of what the slipsheet page looks like.

Thanks

Chris

coupon5-Variable.pdf

Edited by ChrisMondo

I attached a pdf of what the slipsheet page winds up looking like after I impo the job. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated

As I suggested in the previous post, try using a page in the background PDF that's actually yellow, instead of composing an empty yellow text frame. It should be easy to create such a page in any program and print it to a PDF, then bring that page into your template PDF in Acrobat. It will certainly be a lot easier than any troubleshooting to figure out why the empty text frame isn't working right.

• 1 month later...
How do you get the different sized page past the imposer. When I try I just get an error telling me it's the wrong page size and that it has been truncated. When I look, sure enough, it's gone but everything else is okay?

How do you get the different sized page past the imposer. When I try I just get an error telling me it's the wrong page size and that it has been truncated. When I look, sure enough, it's gone but everything else is okay?

You can't compose it as a regular page. You have to set it to be Unused in the Page Usage dialog, then on the Imposition tab of the Composition Settings dialog, set it to be a slip sheet. You can set it to be output at the start of each stack, or after every given number of sheets.

• 1 year later...
I'm having the exact same issue as indicated in the original post. I'm attaching a sample numbering job (no input file needed) where the slipsheet should be inserted every stack of 10. Instead of showing the entire sheet, it clips the artwork to the trim size indicated in the imposition file. I would love to know if there is a workaround for this.

Slipsheet_Test_FP.pdf

Output Sample.pdf

Slipsheet_Test_Imposition.fpi

I think it has to do with that you are imposing with rotation. If you look at where your slipsheet is being cut of it is at the 8.5 X 11 size of your body page.

Or not!!!!!

I did everything the OP did with the exception of Dan's suggestion. I created a full 18 X 12 slipsheet out of InDesign. Have it assigned as unused and named slipsheet and using the slipsheet option in the composition dialog and picking that sheet. Have my fpi file finish size set to the used body page size and it imposes correctly for the body pages but the slipsheet is truncated at my body page size with the inclusion of the bleed size I have set in my fpi file. Changing the bleed in the fpi file changes the truncation so it seems that the fpi file is causing the problem. Changed the bleed to 10 inches in the fpi file. Obviously my body pages are not imposed and fit correctly on the imposed sheet but the slipsheet is correct!!

Tried this on both the MAC and PC with no luck.

Any ideas?

Edited by dreimer

It certainly appears the imposition is applying clipping to the entire document, slipsheets included. Fortunately it includes bleed. So by adding a 10 inch bleed :eek: to the document and then discarding it on the layout itself, it opens up the clipping path to a large enough area to show the entire slipsheet.

Obviously this is not a fix, but it does work in this one case where the file didn't actually have bleed.

Attached is the revised imposition file so you can see what I mean. And yes, I realize this is an insane way to get around it.

Slipsheet_Test_Imposition_bleedfix.fpi

I see PTI (or Dan I guess) hasn't responded. This seems like a major issue and was just wondering if anyone else is having this issue. I have done everything the documentation has described and I can't get a slipsheet to be imposed correctly. Any help would be great. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
I have attached my template I am trying to test. Is there something I need to change somewhere to get the full slipsheet?

In the imposition file, try setting your bleed to 10" and under layout, your horizontal spacing to negative 20". You wont see the left page because it's covered with the bleed grid but it will show up on the output.

For what it's worth, this bug plagues me as well. Fortunately this bleed workaround seems to work a lot of the time.