Templates or ..?

JorgeP

Is it possible to use Dynamic templates which serve as pages within a spread (or Body Page) and contain variable graphics and text?

For example : My two body pages will be 11x17 and I need to select from a library of 8.5x11 page templates and insert them into the proper locations.

This is not a repeating component though a template page could be used more than once in the spread.

Thanks for any help or examples of this. I am using FP 7.2 but we have version 8 as well.

Sure, you could use a repeatable component (template page). Or, you could just use 8.5 x 11 body pages, and impose the output on to 11 x 17 sheets. It's hard to offer a more specific suggestion without knowing more about the job.

Thanks, I don't think imposing is an option, also we also need to impose n up to a press sheet. Rather not do it twice.

Lets say I have 30 unique layouts (templates). Each of those templates contains variable graphics and text frames.

I need to be able to select a layout and place it in one of the body page locations.

Using the 11x17 example the first body page will have Location1 and Location2 and the second body page will have Location3, Location4.

What I need to know is what would the java script rule look like to select a template and place it in one of the specific locations. Datafile will contain all the info.

What I need to know is what would the java script rule look like to select a template and place it in one of the specific locations.

Probably similar to the examples in the User Guide, in the section titled "Reusing a Design Element in a Layout (templates and repeatable components)".