Old job, not working now

sschardan

Strange.

I am running FP Desktop 6.0P1f in Acrobat 9 on an Intel Mac, OS 10.5.6.

I am picking up a job that ran perfectly in April to re-run with new data, and it stopped functioning. The only thing that is different for sure is that I've updated the OS from 10.4.11 to 10.5.6.

The job is a series of pictures from a data list, some are portrait, some are landscape. They will print so that one orientation is rotated so that we can print as cut stack, and deliver the pictures collated together. There is also a divider page that prints so we can visually identify the different sets after cutting. All pages are marked as unused pages, and are activated by a rule.

Here are my rules:

picture rule:

var pic = CreateResource(".//images//"+Field("Title") + ".tif", "graphic", true)

return pic

OnRecordStart Rule:

var MyResource = Rule("picture")

if (Field("Title") == "Divider")

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("divider front", true)

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("divider back", true)

}

else

{

if (IsResourceLandscape(MyResource))

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("landscape front", true)

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("landscape back", true)

}

else

if (!IsResourceLandscape(MyResource))

{

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("portrait front", true)

FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("portrait back", true)

}

}

The error I'm getting now is the following:

***Error*** (uncaught exception: Error measuring resource: Resource(".//images//01 - Key Title page.tif"): Font <Arial> is not a loaded font. Using default instead. Graphic .//images//01 - Key Title page.tif is not found or is not processed properly. Check for file existence and that it is of the proper format.)

I am only getting this error when the field "title" is an actual image. The divider functionality is working perfectly. When I set one of the pages to be a used page and I delete the OnRecordStart rule, my pictures flow in fine (except for the opposite orientation images, of course). I have tried to load every copy of Arial that I have, and it still will not work. I am set to use local fonts in Acrobat, and I am loading the fonts from within FusionPro and restarting FP and Acrobat. The font Arial is not being used anywhere in my document. Any ideas?

Scott

This is a lot of stuff to sort through. I'm not sure these problems can be fully analyzed without having the job to test with. So I can only speculate.

At first, I was going to respond by asking, where is the message "Error measuring resource" coming from? That's not in the FusionPro code. But then in the back of my head I remembered that it's from my sample code in this thread:

http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=420

So obviously you're using that. In future problem reports, you might want to make some reference to any such custom JavaScript logic you're using, especially if you're reporting error messages from that custom logic. Otherwise nobody is going to have any idea where the message is coming from, which would make it hard for anyone to help.

Anyway, Arial is the default font used by the FusionProTextMeasure object. It's also the default in FusionPro internally. So, if that's not loaded properly, then something has likely gone wrong with your installation.

It doesn't surprise me at all that upgrading to a completely new version of the operating system out from under FusionPro would cause problems. I recommend uninstalling and re-installing FusionPro after such an operation.

Also, this is more pure speculation, but I wonder if the double slashes could be causing trouble. Maybe you need to change to this:

var pic = CreateResource("./images/" + Field("Title") + ".tif", "graphic", true);

Backslashes (\) need to be double-escaped in JavaScript string literals, but not forward slashes (/).

You might also want to try just typing "images" (without the quotes or any other punctuation) into the Search Path box on the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog. Then CreateResource should be able to find the file just by its name, without the path, like so:

var pic = CreateResource(Field("Title") + ".tif", "graphic", true);

Dan,

Thank you for your response. I was finally able to get the job to function by changing some settings in Suitcase Fusion. Suitcase was set to manage the system fonts, and even though I loaded the Arial fonts as a set, they would not work with FP. I had to disable Suitcase system font management for all the Arial fonts. Everything is working correctly now.

Scott

Archived