Character limit in Cells

FusionPro doesn't limit anything in Excel. It does, however, have certain subtleties about how it reads CSV and other flat text files that have been exported from Excel. If you could throw us a bone and give a few hints about the contents of the file and how you're trying to read it, then someone might be able to give a more specific answer.

I think I have attached the sample database. When I imported the database the last few fields showed up as "missing". I cut the fields at the end and moved them into the middle of the database. The fields at the end of the header row showed up missing again.

This is one record. The original database was too big to upload.

Fusion Pro Sample database.txt

Hi again,

We tried the options listed in the email, but none of them helped. We are using the latest version of FP on a Macintosh computer with Acrobat 8. Any other ideas?

None of the suggestions in this post helped? Really? Well, you could try attaching your data file here. Again, to clarify, this is an issue with Excel, not with FusionPro.

I think I have attached the sample database. When I imported the database the last few fields showed up as "missing". I cut the fields at the end and moved them into the middle of the database. The fields at the end of the header row showed up missing again.

This is one record. The original database was too big to upload.

Okay, looking at this again, the problem is that you have embedded newlines in the data. This will not work with a flat data file, as a new line denotes a new record by definition. See this post for ways to remove the newline characters from the data:

http://forums.printable.com/showpost.php?p=1190&postcount=7

Archived