Multiple quantitys per record from data

Danovh

Hello everybody,

I have a job that needs different quantity's per record from data in the list.

So lets say the first record needs 20 duplicate pages, the the second needs 50 and so on.

Is there a way to use the quantity data in the list to accomplish this, but also need a separate file for each record with the quantity in the data & name the file from another column in the data file. I know, very confusing.

First record would produce a file named from data in the list & have quantity of pages from the data. 266 records would = 266 files, different names for each & different quantities for each. is this possible?

OK, I figured out how to output single files with a data field to name them.

Now I just need to find out how to make those files have multiple pages of the same variable from a data field containing the print count.

So file "John Doe" will have 20 duplicate pages. Any help will be much appreciated.

You can put this in OnRecordStart

FusionPro.Composition.repeatRecordCount = parseInt(Field("print count"));

But that doesn't seem like a very efficient way to do this. It may be better to look into a way of automating the quantity in the print queue, which would be specific to your rip/print device.