PDF Page Insertion

I have a project that requires a multipage PDF to be merged with a static background. Each page within the PDF is unique. The trick here is that we do not have a data file, just this multipage PDF and the background to merge it into.

Thanks in advance.

Richard. :confused:

Thanks Dan, for the quick reply. Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using Fusion Pro 5.8 on a Mac. Having said that I opened up your 5.x PDF demo and tried composing it as is with no luck. I take that I need to change the path in the JavaScript rule to point to where the User Manual is located. Could you please tell me what is the correct way to show the path on the Mac. Should the folder names be seperated by a "/" or by a ":".

Thanks,

Richard.

As noted in my signature, I recommend specifying what OS and FusionPro version you're running in your signature, or in your member profile. This makes it easier for others to give you answers specific to your needs.

What I posted uses the User Guide as the external file with a hard-coded Windows path as an example. On Mac, I would use a POSIX path with forward slashes. Although, if the actual external PDF resource you're using is in the same folder as your main template PDF, then you can simply specify the file name with no path, and it should work.

Actually, the easiest thing is probably just to add the external PDF as a Graphic Resource in your job, and then use the Resource function instead of CreateResource in the first line of the rule, like so:

PDFDoc = Resource("ExternalPDF"); // your Resource name

• 1 month later...
I've attached two sample jobs which demonstrate how to accomplish this. One takes advantage of new features in FusionPro 6.0 to do everything in a single rule. The other is a bit more complicated but should work with any 5.x version.

The PDF's appear to be blank when I open them with Version 7 of Adobe.

Ken

The PDF's appear to be blank when I open them with Version 7 of Adobe.

These are FusionPro templates. If you have FusionPro Desktop installed, you should see a text and graphic frame when you open the document, as well as the default set of palettes.

Archived