Mark offset bug with Fusion v10

Kim

Hi all,

I upgraded to v10 and now find it has a bug in the Imposition tab - the mark offset is locked at 9pt. I have verified with support that it is a bug that is being investigated.

I'm wondering if any Indigo users out there have come up with any workaround in order to get the tag to print? Maybe there's a system file or something to hack to change the default 9pt to higher value that will work for Indigo?

For now, it looks like my recourse is to downgrade to v9.

Thanks,

Kim

I upgraded to v10 and now find it has a bug in the Imposition tab - the mark offset is locked at 9pt. I have verified with support that it is a bug that is being investigated.

It's not a bug. The "Mark offset" box is disabled unless you check either the "Crop Marks" or "Use Imposition Definition" box. If you are not telling FusionPro to actually output crop marks, either in the FP Imposer settings or by checking the Crop Marks box for non-imposed output, then there's no reason to specify an offset.

• 2 weeks later...

Dan - I AM checking the "Use Imposition Definition" box. But the "Mark offset" box is disabled regardless of what I check.

I have verified with support that this is indeed a bug - reference case FP-12522.

Don - thanks for the suggestion about template pages and slugs. I have used template pages before on occasion on specific jobs where Fusion's placement at the bottom of the sheet won't work and I need to move a slug or page tag to the side. But my prepress guys find it understandably frustrating and convoluted to have to add template pages, build rules and add OnJobStarts for something that should be a simple click to turn on. Unless I'm misunderstanding you and there's easier setup method?

Thanks!

Kim

Dan - I AM checking the "Use Imposition Definition" box. But the "Mark offset" box is disabled regardless of what I check.

That is the correct behavior. If you're using imposition, then the Mark Offset box on the Composition Settings dialog is ignored, and always has been, because the setting that controls the mark offset (as well as the check box that determines whether to use crop marks at all) is the one on the Press Sheet tab in FP Imposer.

I have verified with support that this is indeed a bug - reference case FP-12522.

That's not what that case is about. Please let me know who you talked to in Support so that I can clarify this with them.

Hi Dan -

I talked with Alex in support. I think he and I are clear on the problem.

Perhaps I'm not making myself understood in my comments here. In all past versions of Fusion I have been able to check Page Info and shift the resulting tag at the bottom of the sheet up so that it's not in the Indigo gripper area and prints properly on the press sheet. I've done it for years. But with v10 it's now locked at 9pt and can't be changed.

See attached screen grab.

markOffsetBug.jpg.8ca0e4f02f4055ff5f82c797bec515c2.jpg

Hi Dan -

Perhaps I'm not making myself understood in my comments here. In all past versions of Fusion I have been able to check Page Info and shift the resulting tag at the bottom of the sheet up so that it's not in the Indigo gripper area and prints properly on the press sheet. I've done it for years. But with v10 it's now locked at 9pt and can't be changed.

Oh, I sure that is fixed before I need to upgrade, I change that all the time. For the reason you mentioned about the imposition template pages. That is a lot of extra template building if you can't use the regular slug with the mark offset.

Hi Dan -

Okay, thanks for the further explanation that you're specifically trying to adjust the page info, not crop marks. My own explanation was also incomplete in that regard; sorry about that.

To clarify: For crop marks, when using Imposition, the mark offset is defined by the setting in FP Imposer, and the value in the Composition Settings is ignored. However, the mark offset from the Composition Settings is used for color bars and page info (or slug text), even when using Imposition.

That's what the bug in case FP-12522 is about: specifically the Page Info, not crop marks. There is a patch build of FusionPro 10 fixes this problem and allows you to set the mark offset when the Page Info box is checked, as in your screenshot. Support should be able to provide this to you.