Signature graphic moving with variable letter?

Vinny

I am working on a mailing project that has 8 different static letters. Depending on variables within the database one of the 8 letters is used for each record. At the bottom of the letter is the signature of a store manager. The data also drives which signature is used.

My problem: The letters are all different lengths so the spot for the signature is constantly changing.

How can I have the signature always line up with the end of the letter?

I have tried making the letters tagged text, but I can't get it to insert a graphic within that tagged text.

If you want the signature to be in a different position based on each letter, you could place eight different variable graphics frames, and use a graphics switch rule so that only letter A signature would be placed in frame A, else it's empty; repeat for the other 7 graphics.

If each of the 8 letters are static (aside from the signature), you could create an 8-page template with the graphic frame for the signature in the correct position for each and set them to all unused. Then you would just use the SetBodyPage() function to enable the correct letter for each record.

You should use an inline graphic. Create a text rule and make sure that "Treat returned strings as tagged text" is checked.

return "<graphic file=signature.tif>";

If the signatures are variable based on a field in the data then you could do this:

return "<graphic file=" + Field("Store Manager") + ".tif>";

Then you can paste that into your text field and it will flow with your paragraph.

You should use an inline graphic. Create a text rule and make sure that "Treat returned strings as tagged text" is checked.

return "<graphic file=signature.tif>";

If the signatures are variable based on a field in the data then you could do this:

return "<graphic file=" + Field("Store Manager") + ".tif>";

Then you can paste that into your text field and it will flow with your paragraph.

Yes, step is right. If you aren't already using an inline graphic, you want to do so. There's an example of this on page two of the Cell Phone tutorial.

Archived