Error 2147483647 Producer

Hi all, I keep getting an error 2147483647 in one particular composition I am trying to do. It is a very heavy graphics and drop shadow intense piece and it fails at the pre-compose stage. But it does compose 5000 records. It gets to about 6000 records and stops. But, I can start from the failed records and they go fine. It just cannot get past around 6000 records at once. I have tried graphics local and not local, same results.

The .msg file does not show any errors. It just goes to a record and just stops, but I can start from that record and it runs fine. The records all produce correctly, but it cannot handle over 6000 records. See attached pic. and . msg file.

My server should have enough horsepower, I have 32 gigs RAM, 8 core processing and 250 GB free drive.

Thanks in advance

Whats even stranger is that the exact same PDFs start losing bleed in the imposition where they were fine in the same imposition? Same PDF just different mailing address. Just FYI I am "chunking" at 3200 records into an 8 up FP imposition.

Thanks

I've had that same error too. It's possible that it's a file size issue. When taking the graphics out of the picture I was able to compose the entire file (mines was around 11,000 records) and heavily artworked too.....

The other option is to re-cake the PDF to High Quality Print or Press Quality to make production VDP print files.

I haven't gotten anything back from support yet will share when we do....we are still on FusionPro 9.3.36 both Creater and Server.

FP error.pdf

No, I have not tried that. But, I am not sure exactly what you mean. Most of my pages are all body pages already in the Fusion document.

oh, printing or exporting to your new PDF/Template using Adobe PDF printer or InDesign using those 2 settings as mentioned previously (High Quality Print or Press Quality).

Good Luck.

Hi all, I keep getting an error 2147483647 in one particular composition I am trying to do. It is a very heavy graphics and drop shadow intense piece and it fails at the pre-compose stage. But it does compose 5000 records. It gets to about 6000 records and stops. But, I can start from the failed records and they go fine. It just cannot get past around 6000 records at once. I have tried graphics local and not local, same results.

The .msg file does not show any errors. It just goes to a record and just stops, but I can start from that record and it runs fine. The records all produce correctly, but it cannot handle over 6000 records. See attached pic. and . msg file.

My server should have enough horsepower, I have 32 gigs RAM, 8 core processing and 250 GB free drive.

Thanks in advance

I'm a little confused that you say that it fails at the pre-compose but composes 5,000 records. So, does it compose, just not all the records?

We had a similar issue to this a few years back. We were having compositions not composing when the data was transferring from our Mac or PC to the server. There was too much data to pass from the computer to the server. It failed at the hand off to the server and would not even start composing.

Our solutions:

1. We broke down our data files into 50,000 record chunks and composed from that. And our data files have almost 200 data fields and we have photos and advertisements all over the layouts. 30-ish MB two page layouts. We break our composed files down into 100 records also.

2. We eventually upgraded to Server API to avoid that hand off from the computer and everything is composed right on the server. We have not had a problem since.

Edited by ReminderVDP
Saw an answer to a question I asked.

Thanks ReminderVDP. Yes, it pre-composes to just under 6000 records at a time. Then it just dies, the .msg file doesn't say anything about crashing. But I can start from that record and it composes just fine. It is 65,000 records total and I can compose all instances in 4,000-5,000 increments.

Yes, I am sure all kinds of workarounds can be done, but logic tells me that with all the horsepower we have, plus the cost of Producer is roughly 10-12 times the price of just a Acrobat plug-in. That Producer should not fail where the plug- in succeeded.

Thanks again :-)

You mention Producer and a server but you say that the plug in succeeded. Are you composing from the desktop or composing on the server? And did you compose locally and it composed the entire job?

The amount of ram and space on the server doesn't matter. We had, still have, a server that is only running FusionPro server at the time and it still failed. Our server has more ram and space than what is required for the server version back then. It's an issue with the hand off from the desktop to the server for composition. We checked our network speeds and ran all types of tests on that to see if that was the issue and it's not.

I can find you 2 or 3 other posts including our original post that explains this issue. http://forums.pti.com/showthread.php?p=14419#poststop

I saw one earlier that mentioned your problem going all the way back to version 7.2.