Problems with Composing with an FPI File

Hi there,

Last Friday I started having problems with composing a job when I select any FPI file. I have reinstalled FusionPro. When I was looking around I saw something called FusionPro Direct Monitor. When I opened it it gave me error messages. I am attaching screen shots of the errors.

Earlier last week everything what working fine. I don't know of anything that had changed.

I had created a completely new file and still error keeps coming up.

We are using MAC's and we are up to date on FusionPro software.

I will take any help I can get.

Thanks

Chris

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.51.06 AM.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.51.23 AM.pdf

Hi there,

Last Friday I started having problems with composing a job when I select any FPI file. When I compose it a looks like it is working and then it crashes. I have attached a screen shot of the FusionPro crash. If I don't use an FPI file then it composes without crashing.

When I was looking around I saw something called FusionPro Direct Monitor. When I opened it it gave me error messages. I am attaching screen shots of those errors. I'm not sure of that is related to my problem.

I have reinstalled FusionPro.

Earlier last week everything was working fine. I don't know of anything that had changed.

I had created a completely new file and still the error keeps coming up.

We are using MAC's and we are up to date on FusionPro software. We are using Indesign.

I will take any help I can get. If there is anything else I can provide please let me know.

Thanks

Chris

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.51.23 AM.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 7.51.06 AM.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 8.58.17 AM.pdf

Are you trying to compose the job locally or using FP Direct on a server? Your screen shot leads me to believe you are trying to compose on a server called "rob2-w2d2." Is that address to the computer you're running FP Scheduler on?

In any event, if you uncheck "Use FusionPro Direct on Scheduler..." in the composition dialog window, you should be able to compose the job locally without issue.

Here is a screen shot of the Composition settings of the Compose Tab. I don't have that checked.

My thinking is that there is a disconnect between FusionPro and the Imposer but I don't know much more than that.

I have created new fpi files using different settings and it keeps shutting down FusionPro. When no fpi is selected it composes fine.

Thank You,

Chris

Screen Shot 2015-03-02 at 9.58.14 AM.pdf

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble you are having with the software.

The Fusionpro direct monitor is only used with Fusionpro Producer Server for composing from an FP Designer client. Please forward the following information to fusionprosupport@pti.com so we can offer a solution to this issue.

Version of Fusionpro

Version of Acrobat

Operating platform version

I'm not sure what the errors in your screenshots have to do with FPI files. I think you just need to uncheck the "Use FusionPro Producer" or "Use FusionPro Direct" box on the Compose tab of the Composition Settings dialog.

What versions of FusionPro and Mac OS are you running?

I think I have narrowed it down to the job itself. I have opened a completely different job and everything composed fine with an FPI file.

The error was only happening when I applied an fpi file before composing. I am going back to the original Indesign job too see if it is coming from my bleed settings.

Thank you for the help.