Inserting a slip sheet

I have a Ricoh C900 digital printer that has the ability to add a blank page after a record etc. the problem is that when you specify 50 copies of each record or page you will get 50 isert pages as well. I know that FP has the ability to add a slip sheet but I have read a few of the threads and cannot figure out a way to do this. I see you add an unused body page which is fine but how do you do the on record start? Lets say I have a 10 page PDF and want to add a slip sheet after each one but I want 50 copies of each of those 10 pages and one slip sheet between them.

Thanks,

Greg

That is what I am looking for, what settings do you do in the Digital printer as far as it treating the copies for the slip sheet. And for the quantity I just change the number you have in the script to what I need say from 10 to 50?

Thanks

what settings do you do in the Digital printer as far as it treating the copies for the slip sheet.

I'm not sure what you need to do with your printer. I typically flood a full sheet for our press (Indigo 5000) with color and then trim the pages which leaves me with slipsheets of the same base stock as the actual art, but with a visible, colored edge.

for the quantity I just change the number you have in the script to what I need say from 10 to 50?

Correct. You'll need to change it for both RepeatRecordCount and the value in the IF loop.

Looking through FP, if you are outputting in PostScript format, it looks like you can insert code for a custom paper at the beginning or end of a record by selecting a custom text file from the DigiMaster folder in your FP install location. I don't know if this would cause a custom sheet to be inserted for every copy or just once per record.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived