indexOf Array

gandalf98

Hello all,

Need help with finding the index of an array element. I've created an array and called it CpnArray. When I attempt the following:

CpnArray.indexOf(CpnVrsn)

FusionPro tells me that CpnArray.indexOf is not a function.

I don't want to set up an external file and look up the record... That is going to eat up too much memory and time for this job.

Can I not look up the index of an element in an array? That seems way to simple of a Javascript concept to not be implemented.

Please help!

Hello all,

Need help with finding the index of an array element. I've created an array and called it CpnArray. When I attempt the following:

CpnArray.indexOf(CpnVrsn)

FusionPro tells me that CpnArray.indexOf is not a function.

I don't want to set up an external file and look up the record... That is going to eat up too much memory and time for this job.

Can I not look up the index of an element in an array? That seems way to simple of a Javascript concept to not be implemented.

Please help!

indexOf is a method of the String object and returns the starting position of a search string within another string. Arrays are not really searchable in that respect. What are you trying to accomplish with this array?

I see. I was attempting to use an array of Letters that correspond to page numbers in a PDF file for variable coupons:

var CpnArray = [ "A", "B", "C", "D", etc. ];

when my data file came as version B, I wanted to look up the index of letter B, which would tell me to place page 2 of my coupon file.

if I were to declare the variable as a string ("ABCDEFG"), I then could use indexOf?

Thanks for your help... I only know enough to be dangerous.

Archived