Sequence Number

rpaterick

What exactly do you mean by "I have a sequence number going?" What are you doing with it?

If you're just doing a ticket-type job and you want to compose records with those numbers printed on them somwhere, you can make a rule like this:

return CurrentRecordNumber() + 149000000 - 1;

Then you can set the record range to compose from 1 to 16499, either on the Input tab of the Composition Settings dialog, or in an OnJobStart rule by setting FusionPro.Composition.endRecordNumber

If you're just doing a ticket-type job and you want to compose records with those numbers printed on them somwhere

That worked. I was just unclear on the code and composing for the range.:o

BTW, what is the "leading zero" do?

Thanks Dan!

Then you can set the record range to compose from 1 to 16499 ... in an OnJobStart rule by setting FusionPro.Composition.endRecordNumber

In this scenario, would I need to link to a data file with 16,499 records, or could I link to a 1-record "dummy" file and allow the JS to override the "dummy" data?

I like the idea of not needing a basic data file with sequential numbers, but I tried testing the JobStart rule, and my resulting output file just had one page. Do I need to add some sort of FOR loop in a callback rule to force a multi-record output file?

In this scenario, would I need to link to a data file with 16,499 records, or could I link to a 1-record "dummy" file and allow the JS to override the "dummy" data?

Just set your Data Source Format to "None" on the second step of the Define Data Source Wizard.

I like the idea of not needing a basic data file with sequential numbers, but I tried testing the JobStart rule, and my resulting output file just had one page. Do I need to add some sort of FOR loop in a callback rule to force a multi-record output file?

No, just do this in OnJobStart:

FusionPro.Composition.composeAllRecords = false;
FusionPro.Composition.endRecordNumber = 16499; // however many records you want

Archived