Special Characters

dreimer

I need my MAC for this particular job for font reasons and I can't get "Décor" to work correctly. It works fine on the PC. Is there something I'm missing?

Is this text in your input data file, in a rule, typed into a text frame, or from somewhere else?

If it's your input data file, you might need to set the encoding on the "Data Source - Flat File" step of the Define Data Source dialog.

If it's in a rule, you'll need to use entities as Eric describes. Or put the text into a Formatted Text Resource and call that out in the rule.

If it's in a text frame or a Formatted Text Resource, the encoding should get automatically converted.

It is in my data file and I tried changing the encoding when defining the data with no luck changing it to all the different options available.

It could be a font issue. Are you using the same font on Windows and Mac? Are there any messages in the log file about fonts or encoding? Can you post a job which demonstrates the problem?

Thanks Don. Setting the encoding to Mac Roman in the Data Source Wizard should work, but it's not. I'm investigating why that's not working now.

What I would do as a workaround is save the file as Unicode (UTF-16). That will surely work. That's also what I would use for all files going forward, as much as possible. It's not an 8-bit world anymore.