2 part question

I have a business card and I don't want the address to ever change and it always needs to print. The address is in it's own text box. The rest of the text on the card is variable and in separate text boxes.

On the same card I also have a logo that needs to be nonprinting object. I heard you can suppress the background, but not sure how.

1. Can you tell me how to suppress the background so the logo shows up in the preview but does not appear in the print PDF.

2. What do I do about the address block?

I attached a PDF. The original file is being set up in InDesign and exported using the Fusion pro plug in.

BCTEST2.pdf

1. Can you tell me how to suppress the background so the logo shows up in the preview but does not appear in the print PDF.

Select Compose from the FusionPro menu, the toolbar, or the Steps palette, go to the Graphics tab, and check the box "Suppress static PDF background in composition."

2. What do I do about the address block?

I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean the part that you "don't want ... to ever change and it always needs to print"? The simplest thing is probably to just make a variable text frame and type in the static content.

There are other ways you could approach this. You could have the logo in a variable text frame, with a rule set to include the graphic only for previews, or you could have a frame filled with white to cover up the logo on for non-preview compositions. But suppressing the background and making a frame for the address is probably easier.