"Save" Button Greyed out in Quark for Export using FP 6.2p

rgreenidge

I have just installed FP 6.2p for Mac and I am trying to export my document from Quark but the "Save" button is not highlighted. I have tried in both Quark 7.5 and Quark 8 and both have the same problem.

Any ideas on a solution.

Thanks in advance.

Richard.

Do you mean the "Save" item under QuarkXPress's own "File" menu? That has nothing to do with FusionPro. It's just for saving the XPress document, and it's greyed because the document is not modified.

To export to FusionPro, you need to select "Export Document" under the "FusionPro" menu.

You mean the button on the "Select Export File" dialog? That's basically the generic system "Save As" dialog. If the Save button is disabled there, it's probably because you're in a folder to which you don't have write access. Try changing to your Desktop folder and see if that enables the button. Or try typing a different file name.

Hi Dan, after checking the permissions on my folders, we discovered that was not the problem. The problem was that my filename was too long and FP would not allow me to export the PDF. As soon as I shortened the file name it worked.

Thanks,

Richard.

The problem was that my filename was too long and FP would not allow me to export the PDF. As soon as I shortened the file name it worked.

Ah, I see. Sorry about that. FYI, the limit is actually 31 characters, including the extension. This issue has to do with FusionPro's roots in older Mac technologies which predate OS X. FusionPro Mac can generally handle longer filenames internally, but the GUI (dialogs etc.) still has some of these limitations. We're working on upgrading to some newer underlying technologies so that we can put the last vestiges of these legacy issues behind us.

Archived