13,000 Merge with 151 fields 28 hours to compose.

Greetings all,

We had a merge the other day that had 151 fields and 13,000 records to merge it took over 28 hours to compose the whole job.

My question is has anyone ran into a job with this many fields and know away to speed up composing it?

I suspect that the composition speed has less to do with the number of data fields, and more to do with the number of frames. If that's the case, there's probably a way to reduce the number of frames by using things like tables. But without seeing the job, I'm just guessing.

I suspect that the composition speed has less to do with the number of data fields, and more to do with the number of frames. If that's the case, there's probably a way to reduce the number of frames by using things like tables. But without seeing the job, I'm just guessing.

I started to suspect the same thing and have been working the frames down, but I am still at around 80 frames. which has gotten me down to about 4 seconds per record down from 8-10 seconds.

Thanks for the comment I will look into removing more of the frames.