Table Help

pgorski

Hello,

I'm new to FusionPro and I'm working on an document that has nested 3 rows inside a cell. I started to build this with Javascript tables and got stuck on the cell that has 3 rows inside it.

Is there a way that break <br> can be inserted inside a cell to move other variable components into a second line?

I have attached my template and final example of what this needs to look like

I appreciate your help.

Peter

newtemplate.pdf

Automation Triannual_WEST.pdf.pdf

Don, I thought so but wasn't sure it will work.

The example I attached has the tables repeat down the text frame.

I tried to use:

var table = new FPRepeatableComponent(Rule("Table"));

return table;

but it broke my table layout. Is there a way to duplicate this table within 2 column textframe?

Thanks,

Peter

Don, I thought so but wasn't sure it will work.

The example I attached has the tables repeat down the text frame.

I tried to use:

var table = new FPRepeatableComponent(Rule("Table"));

return table;

but it broke my table layout. Is there a way to duplicate this table within 2 column textframe?

I don't understand the question. I'm not sure exactly how or where you're using a repeatable component.

In any case, a table will flow into the next column or frame, just like any other text content. So you could either just keep adding rows to make one big table which spans multiple columns in the text frame, or you could just keep putting down tables, one after another. Things should flow to the top of the next column automatically either way.

Dan,

The next table will be based on second record of the database and so on. So second record based on the table needs to flow down the first column below the first table and into the next. When I output the file it outputs the record on separate pages.

If you look at the PDF, second table that has AMY's will be different.

Hope this makes sense?

Thanks,

Peter

The next table will be based on second record of the database and so on. So second record based on the table needs to flow down the first column below the first table and into the next. When I output the file it outputs the record on separate pages.

If you look at the PDF, second table that has AMY's will be different.

Hope this makes sense?

Yes, that makes sense, but I don't know exactly what output you're seeing with the "broken" layout, let alone why it's wrong. All I have to go on so far is a template with a rule which outputs a few table rows, and an example of what you want the output to look like. I don't have the template which makes more than one order's table, nor the output which you say is broken. I don't even have a data file. So you could at least post the output so that I'm seeing what you're seeing. Even better would be to post the entire collected template, including the input data file, and the rule which outputs more than a single order table.

However, even with all of that information, I'm not sure I can do a full of analysis of your job in the context of this forum. If someone else wants to take that on, they are welcome to. Otherwise, you may need paid consulting services for your template building.

Don, I understand completely what you are saying. Attached is a zip file of the template, test data, imposition and the output file.

If you open the output file you can see the difference between the template and what is being generated when template is composed.

As far as paid template resources we have not come across one yet. Can you advice on a person/company that can help?

Thanks,

Peter

template.zip