PDF as uploadable graphic?

panthermac

Thanks for the reply Mark.

So, if I created a blank template for a brochure, my customer could "upload" a PDF as a graphic, for said brochure? Are there file size limits? I mean... Can they upload a large, press-quality PDF file as the graphic for the brochure?

What I'm looking to do is have a couple 'blank' brochures of standard size on my website, and allow my customer(s) to come in and upload their PDF to the template, compose fronts/backs if needed, and give me a Hires 2-sided PDF to use for my digital output device.

I tried using PDF's for graphics but was getting a lot of errors creating the thing in Acrobat (slowly moving past that).

Thanks.

- Mac

• 5 months later...

I am also trying to create a PDF with an uploaded graphic on printable. I am trying to use the CreateResource rule. As i understand it, the rule is set up like this:

return CreateResource(ImagePath + Field("UploadFile"), "graphic");

Is there an Image Path to get to the files uploaded on printable and will this rule work to return an image uploaded by the user in the website preview?

I am also trying to create a PDF with an uploaded graphic on printable. I am trying to use the CreateResource rule. As i understand it, the rule is set up like this:

return CreateResource(ImagePath + Field("UploadFile"), "graphic");

Is there an Image Path to get to the files uploaded on printable and will this rule work to return an image uploaded by the user in the website preview?

If your question is specific to FusionPro Web, please ask on the Web-to-Print subforum. In general, if you have a question that's different than the one in the subject of the thread, it's best to start a new thread.

As to your specific question, you should simply be able to reference just the file name of the graphic without having to prepend any specific path, because FusionPro Web sets the search path to its internal folders where the files from your uploaded image libraries live when it composes your job. In FP Desktop, you'll want to set a local search path, on the Advanced tab of the Composition Settings dialog. So the rule should be able to work like this:

return CreateResource(Field("UploadFile"), "graphic");

Archived