Error - Return Code - 1073740791

Stack

I'm relatively new to using FusionPro Direct, and I'm running some tests now, in preparation for a HUGE job. I'm trying to compose a test job with 100,000 records, broken into files of 400 records. The file is a 2-page spread with variable text only, saved as PDFs. After approximately 15-20 minutes of composition time, it keeps having an error with the above return code (1073740791). Any idea what this means?

The data file only contains 10,000 unique records, so I copy/pasted those records 10 times. Not sure if that matters... And I noticed it keeps stopping at the 24th of 250 expected PDF files. The file looks fine though.

Any help would be appreciated!

I have been experiencing the same error code as well! We've had this problem occuring since the 15th of July. I'm currently working with Alex on this problem too. I'm just glad to know this isn't just specific to us.

We're also attempting to run large jobs. We used to run chunked .pdf's 1.75 Million records at a time. Now we can't get past 60k. The pdf's only contain a barcode and we've tried chunks from 3,500 records down to 1,000 with no change. Our server is more than enough to handle the load. 2 AMD Optetron, 12gb of 1333, and a 6TB raid. Did you install any new software on the server? Perhaps we could compare notes and find a common link. I know we installed McAfee right before the error popped up. But we have since then removed it and the problem has remained. The two other major applications run on this server are MailManager and Retrospect.

Troy - I've been in contact with Alex too, and so far it seems we're at a loss. Yesterday, we upgraded the hardware on which FP Direct is installed (more RAM, increased/faster processors, updated software), ran the same test file, and it ended up composing only half as far, before having the same error. But interestingly, Alex was able to run the same file on their hardware -- which has slower processors, less RAM, etc. than our OLD machine -- and it composed just fine.

Just for gits n' shiggles, I also tried composing the file within FusionPro Desktop, and it worked just fine. It even composed an hour faster than on Alex's machine.

MartyrSix - We're still running 7.01Pd, not sure about the FP Direct version though. I don't handle any of the software/hardware installations and configurations. That does remind me though, we probably should upgrade to the newest version. But then again, maybe not :D

- - - - -

I hate to revert to the decades-old conflict, but we have FusionPro Desktop installed on Mac hardware, and FusionPro Direct installed on PC hardware. Are any of you folks also running Mac-to-PC. We unfortunately don't have FusionPro Desktop installed on any PCs, otherwise that'd be the first thing I try. I hate to think that would be the issue though...

Yeah. I've been trying to narrow down the causes. We upgraded to FP Direct 7.2 at the same time we migrated to our new server. It ran for a week before this problem cropped up, But no one can remember if they attempted a job large enough to cause the fail in the first week.McAfee Enterprise installed 15 mins before the problemds started but uninstalling it didn't fix the problem. We've updated windows with the lates updates, no change there either. Do you see any correlations when you look at your log files?

We have both mac and pc to pc here. Were running the majority of our jobs from PC.

The last few tests I've run on the upgraded hardware has kept failing on the same record each time. There's only 214 unique records, copy/pasted multiple times to make 100,000 records. It keeps failing at record 5078, which is well beyond the start of duplicate records. If it were to be a problem with one of the records, I expected that it'd fail within the first 214 records.

If you look in the windows application log under the event viewer. See what the exception code is. Also if you look at the next entry it should be windows error reporting. Check and see what it reports to microsoft. Look for the event name: and under problem signiture look for what it says after P4: and P8:

Event Name: Broad error type

P4: is the faulting application name

P8: defines the type of problem under the error type

For me it's

Event Name: BEX

P4: FusionPro.exe

P8: c0000409

Microsoft is telling me it is saying it's a buffer overflow issue with FusionPro.exe every time. :(

I don't have access to the FusionPro Direct machine unfortunately, so I can't check the event viewer...

The job keeps failing on record number 5078; I shortened the data file to 5079 records, and it successfully processed them all. I also tried composing with the data file shortened to 50000, 25000, 12500, 7500, and even 6000 records, and it failed every time :confused:

Adding myself to this thread as we are experiencing the same issue and have submitted files to Alex in hopes of a resolution. We upgraded both FP Desktop (Mac) and FP Direct (Windows Server 2003) to 7.2 which is when our problems began.

Large data files complete (albeit slow) in Desktop, but fail after X number of records on Direct. "X" differs from data file to data file -- some data files can run 20K records before failing while others may only run 8K records before a fail.

We have tried single file output as well as breaking output into multiple files. When we attempt to break into multiple files, we get the error code in the subject of this thread. If we try to output a single file, we get error 2147483647. We did not get this error when using Direct 7.0 but we were hoping not to downgrade the software since it is running well for both Desktop and Server, just not Direct.

In the meantime, we are either running large files on the Desktop (tying up the machine upwards of 6 hours for a composition that only took an hour on Direct 7.0) or manually splitting the data files into smaller chunks and then combining output files on the backend.

I'm also attaching to this thread as we just got this error today. I usually use a csv format data file and everything has been fine. Our other programmer generated a 95mb tagged text file with approx. 35M records. It has cancelled twice now at two different points in the input data file when generating PDF output.

I just tried outputting to a PPML format and it blew up at approx. the same input record.

I'm not sure if this will apply to everybody, but the last thing we heard (earlier this week) was that a patch release was being tested, and we'd know as soon as it becomes available. So the problem is still not solved, but Alex and his team were able to duplicate the problem, so hopefully they'll have a fix for it soon.

• 4 months later...

We got this same error for the first time (on the FP Direct server) running an approx 40k record job... failed 3 times at the same spot. Ran OK on the desktop version (but took forever). Is there a patch or workaround yet for this problem?

TIA

Fortunately the test file we were running for this job eventually changed, so the error went away. What was determined to be the problem at that time is just the sheer number of text boxes I had placed on one page. The page had like 6 or 7 charts, each with a large number of rows and columns of variable text. Rather than using the new-ish tables feature in FusionPro, I actually set up a variable text box for each cell, so there was close to probably 100 or so text boxes. Since that page was eventually removed, I didn't bother testing it out using tables instead of individual text boxes. But after the page was removed, we didn't have any composition problems.

Archived