Schedule for composing on target

arwolfe

What is the interval that the composer runs on the target machine? I have FPDirect 7.1 installed on W2k8 R2 as scheduler and target, when I submit a job I am waiting sometimes > 10 minutes for the monitor to show that the job has started.

Additionally, FPDirect clean out its working directory periodically or is up to an operator to manually do this? Thanks

What is the interval that the composer runs on the target machine? I have FPDirect 7.1 installed on W2k8 R2 as scheduler and target, when I submit a job I am waiting sometimes > 10 minutes for the monitor to show that the job has started.

Jobs should start right away, unless other jobs are running and have taken up all the spots in the queue. Please contact Support if you're having issues with your setup.

Additionally, FPDirect clean out its working directory periodically or is up to an operator to manually do this? Thanks

It needs to be done manually. FP Direct has no way of knowing when you might be "done" with a job. You can delete jobs with the FP Direct Monitor utility, or by deleting the folders via Windows Explorer.

Dan,

Thanks for the response. When I moved the working directory to a local folder, composition started almost immediately. I believe the lag I was experiencing may be due to virus protection running on the scheduler, file server or both.

Also deleting working folders via monitor seems to be a good option.

Archived