PDF optimize issue

Mike

Does fusion pro optomize images when it composes. My xerox rep and variable software support guy just ran an optomizeation and it appears that PDF from fusion pro does not do this and this really slows down the ripping time becuase EVERY instance of an image has to be raterised instead of just the first.

Please help me speed up ripping

Mike

The PDF output format from FP is not a variable-optimized format. I would think you would want to use a format like VIPP for generating true variable output to speed up RIP times. Unfortunately I can't help much with VIPP files since we output to an HP device (JLYT files).

Your Xerox rep should be telling you what the RIP wants for variable. I would call Rochester if you get nowhere with your local reps.

Like the previous posts, depends on what RIP you have and what file format it needs. Most likely its going to be VIPP or VPS.

There are settings also on the RIP that speed up the process as well for variable.

Two other things(just in-case you are new to this) that will affect the RIP is the design of the piece(too many vector points) and if you output in batches(1-1000, 1001-2000, etc...)

Archived