Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® Links

Notices

Old March 8th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Junior Community Member

Default Clone Campaigns

is there a way to clone an existing campaign? i'm testing now and have to end / deactivate a campaign to make a change. i noticed that once ended, campaigns cannot be relaunched. does this mean that i will have to recreate the campaign from scratch and re-launch just to make one change?

thanks!
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Senior Contributor

Default Re: Clone Campaigns

Hello,

Unfortunately, campaigns cannot be cloned at this time nor can ended campaigns be reactivated.

Could you perhaps provide some details as to what type of changes you need to make to an Active campaign that you are not being allowed to make? There are a number of areas that get "locked down" when a campaign is launched to prevent such things such as visitors getting incorrect Microsite content, reporting data corruption, and overall stability of a campaign. If you can provide some additional information as to what you are looking to accomplish, we might be able to suggest an easier way for you to accomplish this.

Thank you.
Old March 8th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Junior Community Member

thanks for getting back. i needed to edit the PURLs, and could only do this by deactivating and creating a new campaign from scratch.

Campaign cloning would be great to have in a future release.

thanks!
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Senior Contributor

Unfortunately, changing Personalized URLs is not possible for an Active campaign.

This was one of those restrictions to prevent situations where a campaign can be put in a bad state (such as 1 person getting another person's personal data in a Microsite or possibly a situation where the Personalized URLs are deleted/overwritten when a direct mail piece with the old URLs having already been sent).

I'll log the clone campaign ability as an enhancement request. Thanks for putting in the request.