Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® VDP Creator

Notices

Old June 2nd, 2022, 05:05 AM
Junior Community Member

Default Output to multiple files option

Hello, I have a question, again. I have asked this question in the past but I still can't figure this out. I know this is probably much easier than I have made it, but this is my question?

I am running a variable data job that is 2 sided and running 3 up on my sheet. This job is a very large data job consisting of 193,222 records. Currently, I am exporting this job in sections because of the size by naming it output-1, putting 1-2700 in the range box, and clicking export. Once that on is finished I name the next one output-2, change the range to 2701-5400, click export, output-3 and so on and so on until I get to the end and I export whatever is left.

I am trying to use this "Output to multiple files" option, but can't seem to get it to work. I have tried to use the instructions given in the past but I keep getting an error stating "the number of records requested in a chunk is not compatible with the imposition setting." I have put 2700 in the "number of records per file" in my composition settings. In the imposition, my primary step is set to stack, the count at 900 with infinite stack checked.

What am I doing wrong? My logic is 900 X 3 up is 2700 on the sheet. I have tried all kinds of numbers I think would work to the point I have gotten frustrated, but still get the same error. Will this option export this data in sections like I am currently doing?

Thanks for the help.

Thanks for the help.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 06:45 AM
Regular Contributor

Default Re: Output to multiple files option

Create an OnJobStart Rule
FusionPro.Composition.chunksBreakStacks = true

Then you can leave Infinite Stacking in effect in FP Imposer, and still set the "Output to multiple files" setting in the Composition Settings.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 08:34 AM
Junior Community Member

Try turning off "infinite stack" and keep the count 900.
Old June 2nd, 2022, 10:50 AM
FusionPro Senior Engineer / Forum Moderator

It's just a warning message, not an error.

Is the output right? If so, you can ignore the message.

But Fellsway is right. You can't do an "infinite" stack of all records in the job if you're breaking the stack every time a new chunk (output file) is opened. Set the stack number to correspond to the chunking and the message will go away (though the output should be the same).

Susan also is right. If you want the chunking (number of records in each output file) to take precedence over the stacking (number of records in each stack), you can set that in OnJobStart. That will also make the message go away, but you're still not really doing "infinite" stacking, because the stacks are still broken up each time a new output file is created.
LinkedIn

I am a not a Support engineer, and this forum is not a substitute for Support. My participation on this forum is primarily as a fellow user (and a forum moderator). I am happy to provide help and answers to questions when I can; however, there is no guarantee that I, or anyone else on this forum, will be able to answer all questions or fix any problems. If I ask for files to clarify an issue, I might not be able to look at them personally. I am not able to answer private messages, emails, or phone calls unless they go through proper Support channels. Please direct any sales or pricing questions to your salesperson or inquiries@marcom.com.

Complex template-building questions, as well as all installation and font questions or problems, should be directed to FusionProSupport@marcom.com. Paid consulting work may be required to fulfill your template-building needs.

This is a publicly viewable forum. Please DO NOT post fonts, or other proprietary content, to this forum. Also, please DO NOT post any "live" data with real names, addresses, or any other personal, private, or confidential data.

Please include the specific versions of FusionPro, Acrobat, and your operating system in any problem reports or help requests. I recommend putting this information in your forum signature. Please also check your composition log (.msg) file for relevant error or warning messages.

Please post questions specific to the MarcomCentral Enterprise and Web-to-Print applications in the MarcomCentral forum. Click here to request access. Or contact your Business Relationship Manager (BRM/CPM) for assistance.

Please direct any questions specific to EFI's Digital StoreFront (DSF) to EFI support.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

The correct spellings are JavaScript, FusionPro, and MarcomCentral (each with two capital letters and no spaces). Acceptable abbreviations are JS, FP, and MC (or MCC). There is no "S" at the end of "Expression" or "Printable"! The name of the product is FusionPro, not "Fusion". "Java" is not is not the same as JavaScript.

Check out the JavaScript Guide and JavaScript Reference! FusionPro 8.0 and newer use JavaScript 1.7. Older versions use JavaScript 1.5.

return "KbwbTdsjqu!spdlt\"".replace(/./g,function(w){return String.fromCharCode(w.charCodeAt()-1)});