Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® Links

Notices

Old March 25th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Junior Community Member

Default Javascript for a default customer

The FusionPro Links help section states that "JavaScript code within a Microsite can be incorporated to detect when the "Default Customer" account is being viewed and effectively handle any non-applicable personalization in the Microsite."

How exactly is this achieved? I have a personalized message like "Dear First Name" that I would like to display "Dear Valued Customer" when the generic page is accessed.
Old February 7th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Junior Community Member

Default Re: Javascript for a default customer

I realize that this thread is 4 years old but I thought I'd post my solution to this in case anyone else needs it.

I added the following javascript to return a generic greeting if the FIRSTNAME field of my list was blank. Otherwise, the personalized greeting was returned.

Code:
<script type="text/javascript">
		if ("<[FIRSTNAME]>" == "") {
			document.write("<p>");
			document.write("<span style='font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; color:#8cc63f;'>Hi!</span> Update your contact information and we'll send you a sweet treat!");
			document.write("</p>");
					}
 		else {
			document.write("<p>");
			document.write("<span style='font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; color:#8cc63f;'>Hi %%FIRSTNAME%%!</span> Update your contact information and we'll send you a sweet treat!");
			document.write("</p>");
					}
			</script>
Interestingly enough, when I had the script writing an input statement for a form field, the prefill values displayed correctly but fpLinks didn't recognize the field when I uploaded it to the microsite.

When I moved the input statement out of the script, fpLinks recognized it.