Rounded corners in a table

mclisa81

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dan,

I followed your suggestion with the rounded corners, adding the graphics before and after the table. It seems to work fine in some instances, but in others it falls apart.

I sent my template to PTI support, since you stated this was more complicated than what you do here, but they referred me back to the forum to have it debugged.

Is there any way you or someone else on the forum, that like challenges, could take a look at the template and see what is causing the weird spacing issues. They happen when one or more of the tables are suppressed (and on overflow pages).

I've included all the graphic files etc. along with the output which I've added arrows in the problem areas.

Record 3, with all 3 charts is almost perfect except for when it goes to the overflow page, then the spacing is off. The other spacing issues are when one or more of the tables is not returned based on the data. It seems like it's just a matter of adjusting leading, but I've been doing that for days and I'm going crazy since it doesn't make sense that a table will be correct for 1 record and not for others:confused:.

Thank you

Lisa

AllStatement_Haband_TEMPLATE_20.pdf

supportingfiles.zip

Lisa, if go to the text frames that you're using to return the table, highlight all of the text, click "paragraph", and check the box beside "suppress if empty," do you get the results you're looking for?

THANK YOU!!!

I was actually feeling quite pleased with myself to get as far as I did on this since it was my first try at a table...now I'm feeling less pleased, forgetting that important step.

Anyway, it is ALMOST perfect. A problem with the bottom bar is still appearing when the tables flow onto the overflow page. Any Ideas??

THANKS AGAIN for your help

Lisa

Oh, I didn't notice that because I didn't actually compose the job (just previewed) when I was initially looking at it. That is a great question. I honestly have no idea. My guess is that it has to do with the custom leading that's being applied to the various elements not carrying over to the overflow page.

Yes, it was a combination of things including the leading. I was able to come in with a clear head and fix that. But I ran into another issue with the overflow pages after composing a big chunk of records. I'm working on that now. Thanks for your help though.