Compose Template Error in Mac

I am using OSX Lion with FusionPro 8.0.20.

I have created a relatively simple template and the preview looks fine.

Next step is obviously composing the template. The error log is as follows:

Job started 08:58:43 - 1343372323.

Creator: FusionPro VDP Creator 8.0.20

Computer Name: Craig’s MacBook Pro

Current working folder: /

Template File: /Users/craiggreen/Documents/Point documents/Point Business Card.dif

Input File: /Users/craiggreen/Documents/Point documents/BusCardTemplate.txt

Job Config File: /Users/craiggreen/Documents/Point documents/BusCardTemplate-Output.cfg

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:lz:nqrn0_cs3nz26v3fh91q72_m0000gn:T:FusionProUQluag: Cannot open

Error creating graphic from data.

Composing record #1, input record 1

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:lz:nqrn0_cs3nz26v3fh91q72_m0000gn:T:FusionPropCNvaf: Cannot open

Composing record #2, input record 2

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:lz:nqrn0_cs3nz26v3fh91q72_m0000gn:T:FusionPro0OdXNj: Cannot open

Composing record #3, input record 3

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:lz:nqrn0_cs3nz26v3fh91q72_m0000gn:T:FusionPromdEsFM: Cannot open

Composing record #4, input record 4

Job ended 08:58:44 - 1343372324.

Not sure if this is a permissions issue, an Idiot Operator issue or a Mac issue?

Composing record #1, input record 1

Macintosh HD:private:var:folders:lz:nqrn0_cs3nz26v3fh91q72_m0000gn:T:FusionPropCNvaf: Cannot open

Not sure if this is a permissions issue, an Idiot Operator issue or a Mac issue?

Does the job contain a graphic QR barcode? If so, this is a manifestation of a bug in FusionPro 8.0 on Mac related to that type of barcode. This is fixed in the 8.1 release, which is in QA testing here now and should be available soon.

Don't know why the emoticons appeared in the text. For each smiley, please read a p

Next time you're typing a post or reply, click the "Go Advanced" button and check the "Disable smilies in text" box. Also, feel free to use the "Preview Post" button.

• 8 months later...
Is there anyway to get around this QR code creation problem in FP 8.020 WITHOUT upgrading? I cannot upgrade because my EFI Digital Storefront doesn't support FP above 8.020. (I actually found that out after upgrading to FP 8.2... but then I had to back everything back down to FP 8.020.) Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, because I cannot compose variable QR Code jobs on my local machine. Please Help

Is there anyway to get around this QR code creation problem in FP 8.020 WITHOUT upgrading? I cannot upgrade because my EFI Digital Storefront doesn't support FP above 8.020. (I actually found that out after upgrading to FP 8.2... but then I had to back everything back down to FP 8.020.) Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place, because I cannot compose variable QR Code jobs on my local machine. Please Help

I can think of a couple of workarounds.

You could create a text barcode instead of a graphic barcode, although you might then have issues with scaling.

Or, you could use the Windows version of FusionPro Creator (Desktop), which doesn't have the same bug.

Or, you could just ignore the problem when you preview in Acrobat, knowing that the barcodes will work in the DSF composition.

Or, you could ask the folks at EFI to support FusionPro 8.1.

All good suggestions, and most I have tried. If I could run more than one version of FP at a time, I would just keep both version active on my Mac (since I do have two licenses).

I have jobs that are not on our Digital Storefront that require the Variable Graphic-style QR codes, and that's where I run into trouble.

I have mentioned the issue (and others) to EFI many times... like talking to a brick wall!

All good suggestions, and most I have tried. If I could run more than one version of FP at a time, I would just keep both version active on my Mac (since I do have two licenses).

I have jobs that are not on our Digital Storefront that require the Variable Graphic-style QR codes, and that's where I run into trouble.

I have mentioned the issue (and others) to EFI many times... like talking to a brick wall!

Okay, here's another idea. This isn't an officially supported configuration, but you should be able to use the 8.1 or 8.2 version of the FusionPro app with the 8.0 version of the Acrobat plug-in. Then the jobs you export will be marked as 8.0, and should be accepted by EFI, while the local compositions will use the newer composition engine, which fixes the graphic barcode bug.

The way to get this setup is to install 8.2, copy the FusionPro app somewhere else, then install 8.0, and then replace the 8.0 FusionPro app with the 8.2 version.

Again, though, this isn't officially supported, so if you run into problems with this configuration, Support is not going to be able to help.