create a break between trays

Tattoued

Hi! This may sound dumb, but how do you make a CallBack rule (OnRecordStart) activate? I don't see it in the database fields, which is usually where a rule is, no? I tried composing, but didn't see any difference in my stacks. My understanding was that it would create a break between trays, right? It's not doing that. I double checked the rule and it's valid and correct. Help?

Ok I figured out what I did wrong… Now… if I have to split tray 1 into two sections, how would I modify the rule to do that? I have a field called CTN_NO for the tray, and then there's another field called PKG_NO_CTN that has the tray count. In this list, The tray count (not the tray number) changes to 2 and starts the piece count all over again. Edited by Tattoued

It might be helpful to post the code that you are trying to use. I'm assuming your using imposition and the field "CTN_NO" contains the tray number.

In OnRecordStart:

if (FieldChanged("CTN_NO"))
    FusionPro.Composition.StartNewStack();

If you want to split the output file by tray and impose after composition, you might try this in OnRecordStart:

if (FieldChanged("CTN_NO"))
   FusionPro.Composition.OpenNewOutputFile(Field("CTN_NO") +
       "." + FusionPro.Composition.outputFormatExtension);

These require FusionPro 8 or higher. There are better explanations already posted in these forums. A few can be found here.