Limit to a field length

DSweet

I have a project where a customer wants to upload paragraphs of data to flow from one page to another. I'm assuming that the customer will be creating this entry first in Word or WordPad or some other type of text editor and then copy and paste it to the entry blank on the site.

My question is whether or not FusionPro has a limit to the length of a text field? The customer states that they want to be able to upload a text block of about 3500 characters - not including any tagging that we'll need to add for paragraph breaks, bullets, super- or subscript, bold, italic and the like. Can that be put into one field, or does it need to be broken down into two or more fields and then pasted together in a rule?

Thanks

Interesting...

I just made a quick 4000 word text file and placed it and it read as 4 records.. So I may be guessing here, but it appears to be 1000?

Mark

edit:

I lied.. It seems as if I had a hard return after 1000.. Removed and it flowed in the entire 4000 word file..

Mark

I lied.. It seems as if I had a hard return after 1000.. Removed and it flowed in the entire 4000 word file..

I would anticipate a client including hard returns in their paragraph entries as well. Could there be an option to upload (or generate) unique text files for each record that could be imported as text resources instead?

Archived