Composition Output Format: VPDF

I composed two jobs consecutively last week and the second one finished with a Output format: VPDF in the Job Completion email I received. I asked Support about this and they told me it was from another piece of software. It's from FusionPro Producer 9.0.3, not another software. Has anyone experienced this before? Does it cause problems for RIP software?

"VPDF" is really just PDF with bookmarks. It shows up in the CFG (job settings) file when you select PDF as the output format and check the "Create bookmark for each record" box on the Output tab of the Composition Settings dialog. I don't know of any reason why it would cause problems when printing.

Thanks Dan. The Create Bookmarks for each record is not checked under the Output tab though.

It's not checked in what context exactly? Perhaps it was checked when you submitted the job in question previously, even though it's not saved in whatever job you're looking at now.

I composed two jobs consecutively last week and the second one finished with a Output format: VPDF in the Job Completion email I received.

Can you be more specific here as to exactly how you submitted the job for composition, and to what system? Was it FusionPro Producer (Direct)? Or Producer API (Server)? Or some custom application?

It's not checked in what context exactly? Perhaps it was checked when you submitted the job in question previously, even though it's not saved in whatever job you're looking at now.

I go to the Compose Tab in FusionPro Designer, Under the Output Tab, there is an option to check "Create Bookmark for each record". That is not selected and it was not selected on the job composed one minute before that. Also, there is no where in the Config file that mentions that the composition includes bookmarks.

Can you be more specific here as to exactly how you submitted the job for composition, and to what system? Was it FusionPro Producer (Direct)? Or Producer API (Server)? Or some custom application?

See original post where I said it was composed in Producer 9.0.3. See previous paragraph in this post on how I created the composition.

I go to the Compose Tab in FusionPro Designer, Under the Output Tab, there is an option to check "Create Bookmark for each record". That is not selected and it was not selected on the job composed one minute before that.

Okay, so if you compose that job again, does it still say VPDF in the email? If so, then there is something going on that I'm not getting. If not, then is it maybe possible that the email you were looking at earlier does not correspond to that same job?

Also, there is no where in the Config file that mentions that the composition includes bookmarks.

The place in the CFG file that denotes bookmarks is the "V" in "VPDF". There's no other indication.

See original post where I said it was composed in Producer 9.0.3. See previous paragraph in this post on how I created the composition.

Okay, thanks. Sometimes there's some confusion between the exact level of the product suite purchased on the client machine, as shown in the About box, versus the actual product used to compose on a server machine. I was just making sure.