Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Support > Fonts

Notices

Old September 24th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

Exclamation Fonts Not Appearing?

If you compose a job and, for some reason, your fonts are not appearing, make sure you run the Load Fonts utility from the FusionPro menu. This needs to be done whenever you add new fonts or activate fonts through a font manager program.

Old January 8th, 2009, 07:57 AM
Junior Community Member

Default Re: Fonts Not Appearing?

In my experience, FusionPro Desktop does not know when you've deactivated fonts using Font Explorer or Suitcase. The font will default if you preview it or compose, but you can still attempt to select the font resource in the Variable Text Editor dialog box.
Old January 14th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Junior Community Member

Default Re: Fonts Not Appearing?

I'm not sure where I read it, but I was under the impression that Fusion Pro did not use or recognize Font Management utilities such as Font Agent Pro, etc.

I'm having some trouble though. I had a job that previewed and composed fine all day long. But the next day, when I opened it, one font would not preview. The only thing that had changed was that 2 co-workers had used that computer for other jobs in other applications and had turned fonts on and/or off in Font Agent Pro. I loaded fonts several times, quit Acrobat, re-opened, and finally had to navigate to my C>Windows>Fonts folder and remove the font and replace from a backup, then load fonts again, quit Acrobat, and then it finally previewed.

So my question is two-fold:

1) When my co-workers turn fonts on and off in Font Agent Pro for use in other programs, is that going to affect my FP templates?

2) Is there a way to tell FP to only use fonts from one certain folder? Or is the act of "loading fonts" loading any font on that computer, no matter where it's located?

Thanks!
KayEll

FP 5.82, Windows XP, Acrobat Pro 8

Tags
fonts