Using Special Character +

bkurzbuch

I have a template that use's "Ultimate Advisor and Ultimate Advisor Plus" as a drop down menu in Marcom and coded that way in the template. The customer would like me to shorten the drop downs to just "UA & UA+". Is using the "+" symbol going to cause me a problem or should I just use "UA Plus" instead. Thanks for the help.

I have a template that use's "Ultimate Advisor and Ultimate Advisor Plus" as a drop down menu in Marcom and coded that way in the template. The customer would like me to shorten the drop downs to just "UA & UA+". Is using the "+" symbol going to cause me a problem or should I just use "UA Plus" instead. Thanks for the help.

You mean the values of the data fields in FusionPro are going to have plus symbols in them? I don't see how that could possibly cause a problem. The plus sign isn't really a "special" character to FusionPro, in the way that, say, certain characters have special meanings in tagged markup, such as < (less than) or & (ampersand). Nor is it a "special" character in the sense of a 16-bit Unicode character.

It seemed to me like your concern was editing the values that are displayed within a drop down menu. Being without the option to add a drop down menu to any of the templates I create in FusionPro, I assumed your question was specific to MarcomCentral.

To answer your question as it relates to JavaScript: having a plus sign in a field value should not cause any problems because it's interpreted as a literal string.