1 data source 2 letter versions all in 1 job

In2print

Hi All

I am trying to setup a job which has 1 data file, in this data file there is a column listing letter type v1 or letter type v2.

Before I start formatting the letters (which are fairly complex) I want to know if I can set up the 2 letters and get FusionPro to call the correct letter type when processing the data to give me 1 single file ready to print.

The letters are multi paragraph and spread over 2 sides, about 13 variables in the text and there is a signature. I think I have worked out how to format the text and signature etc.

This is the most complex job I have attempted to date and the pressure is on from management ( nothing new there :D:rolleyes: ), our mailing side is expanding and it's down to me to learn all this stuff and train any new person that is mad :eek: enough to take it on a role in this department.

NOTE:- I don't have Indesign or Quark so I will be doing all the setting up/formatting within Acrobat.

Many thanks in advance.

Paul

Paul,

This is something that I do all the time with jobs that have multiple versions.

Try this:

Create your pdf file with all versions included, fronts and backs. In the "Manage Pages -> Page Usage" set up, set all of your pages to "unused" and name them v1-f, v1-b, v2-f, and v2-b as appropriate.

Create a callback rule in onRecordStart that contains the following script.

if (Field("VERSION") == "v1")
   {
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("v1-f", true);
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("v1-b", true);
   }
   if (Field("VERSION") == "v2")
   {
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("v2-f", true);
   FusionPro.Composition.SetBodyPageUsage("v2=b", true);
   }

Now when you preview your code, if a record has v1 as the version variable, you will see a preview of the code on the v1-f and v1-b pages. The records with v2 as the variable will be able to be previewed on the v2-f and v2-b pages.

Hope this helps.

Archived