Go Back   MarcomCentral (PTI) and FusionPro User Communities > Software-Related Talk > FusionPro® Links

Notices

Old December 20th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Regular Contributor

Talking Using form data on subsequent pages

On Page 1 of my PURL site, I ask the user to enter his/her name.

The name field is pre-populated from my data file, but the user has the opportunity to change it.

I know that if I do something like:
Hello %%FirstName%%
on page TWO of my purl site, it will display the user's First Name as it appeared in my data file.

Well, what if the user changed his/her name from Bob to Robert (for example) on the form?

I want page two to say "Hello Robert"
So in other words, I want page two to pull the UPDATED first name from page 1.

Can anyone help me with this?
I assume I need to:
- Assign the value that the user enters into the firstName field to a variable
- Then, pass that value to page 2 in the URL string
- Then on page two, use JavaScript to parse this value from the URL string and display it on page 2.

Is this correct?

Another question ... if I can get the user's "updated" name (Robert) to appear on Page 2, then how can I ALSO have that updated name appear on page 3?

Windows 10 |Adobe Acrobat XI | FusionPro 9
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM
Forum n00b

Default Re: Using form data on subsequent pages

I have been working on the same thing actually. I was told that there is no way to access the data that has been written. All you can do is pass the input values on as a Javascript. There is an example posted on the forum here: http://forums.printable.com/showthread.php?t=1211

I have been looking into other ways of doing this, and one of the methods I found is to write a cookie that will hold the values... Does anyone at Printable know anything about possibly writing a cookie for that?

I would prefer it at the moment, as a campaign I am working on is like 4 pages long, and I want to be able to retrieve data written on the landing page on page 4. If I pass the data as values in hidden text inputs, then it will write to the database on pg2, and pg3 as well. If I could just write a cookie, with the values, then pull from it later, it would make life simpler for the end users (they wouldn't ask me why the data is in three times).