Bleeds and crops issues in Imposer

Dino

We have CREO RIP with a KM6500 -- when using FP Imposer the bleeds are not recognized (as VPS). We have a work around...is FP doing anything to spank this issue? CREO is clueless and so far FP is quiet. How about some help here, the owner of our company was expecting that we would be fully operational, not using work arounds with a brand new machine and RIP.

Hi Dino,

You'll have to help us help you by providing us with more information. Can you be more specific about exactly what the failure mode is than simply that "bleeds are not recognized"? By whom? Is there an error message?

A full analysis of the problem will probably require you to contact Support.

CREO Ikon PowerPro v2.0/FP 5.8P1m (Win) cranking through a brand new IKON 6500-- all the latest patches, firmware, upgrades, religion, karma...you name it.

I have already contacted FP and they lay it on CREO -- CREO lays it on you guys.

If there was an error code I would have included it -- it is just like I have stated, the imposer doesn't add bleeds to a VPS and writes a PPML that my RIP won't read. How much more information do you need?

I have sent sample files to FP and CREO and received no response *chirp, chirp (the sound of crickets)*

Hi Dino,

I'm sorry that you're still having trouble. Please keep in mind that this forum is intended to be a user-to-user discussion area and public knowledge base, not a substitute for Support. Even though I'm one of the "you guys" at Printable, I'm not a Support engineer, so I'm not in the loop about every Support case.

If you're already dealing with Support, then you may need to wait for their investigation to be completed. FusionPro supports a large number of RIPs and output formats, which can have subtly different requirements, and we may not be able to fully replicate your RIP and its configuration in-house, therefore Support may require more information and/or your cooperation in analyzing the settings and results on your end to resolve the issue.

I also understand the frustration when the RIP vendor is blaming the VDP creator and vice-versa, but in my experience, these things more often than not are due to the RIP not precisely following a standard, which may require a change in the composition engine to work around, and it can take a bit of back-and-forth with the RIP vendor to figure out a solution. Since you have a brand new RIP with all the latest firmware updates, it's likely that something has changed on its end, and it's possible that we have not yet encountered the issue you're seeing because we simply haven't tested against the latest and greatest version of the RIP. In any case, as far as I know, no other customers who are using CREO with VPS have encountered the type of issue you're seeing, so Support will likely need your help to isolate whatever it is that's specific to your setup that's contributing to the problem.

Can you provide any more specific information about the exact failure mode you're seeing? When you say that FusionPro "writes a PPML that my RIP won't read," exactly what does the RIP do? If the RIP really won't read the file at all, how do you know that "the imposer doesn't add bleeds to a VPS?" What is your workaround?

Archived