Adding Zund Cutter .25" circle marks

Loren

Brand new install of Fusion Pro. We have a Zund cutter that we frequently use to cut sheets printed off our Indigo 3500. The Zund has a camera registration that looks for .25" circles in a minimum of 3 locations on a sheet. The more of these Zund marks there are on a sheet the slower the camera system runs as it has to 'see' all the marks prior to cutting.

Is there a method in FP Imposer to add a cutter's Marks file to the sheet? I know one workaround would be to extend my bleeds on each page and add them at the page level. If I was doing business cards that would be quite a few marks....and slow down the Zund. Anyone have a workaround for adding marks to a sheet instead of a page?

Regards,

Loren

Blanks Printing & Imaging

We either do what you suggested (place the press marks on our single page art generating many zund marks) or output our composed file as single pages and impose them in a 3rd party application where we add the marks separately. For repetitive trim sizes like business cards, we typically create an InDesign template with Zund marks and then drop the FP output pages into existing frames. If you come up with a better solution, please share! :)

Archived