Hi Guys,

Can anyone help with my issue please?

I am using FusionPro Desktop 7.2 to create my VDP that I then upload to our EFI Digital Store Front & FusionPro Server (which is hosted by EFI not us).

I am having some issues with fonts. I have some rules created for business cards so that the 'P' for phone is in a particular font and the following text and field (s) are in another font. When I compose locally, everything is fine, when I upload the collected file to DSF and try to generate online, the fonts are not correct (the 'P' at the start of the line, the '+61' and the fields are all in Arial - which is the second font that I have chosen in my rules)

Here is the rule:

if (Field("Phone") != "" && Field("Ext") != "")

{

return ('<f name="Router-Medium">P</f><t>') + ('<f name="Arial">+61 ' + Field("Phone") + ('<f name="Arial"> ext ' + Field("Ext")));

}

if (Field("Phone") != "" && Field("Ext") == "")

{

return ('<f name="Router-Medium">P</f><t>') + ('<f name="Arial">+61 ' + Field("Phone"));

}

else

return "";

I am confused as I have used the font Router-Medium in another rule for another card layout and everything has been fine both locally and uploaded to our server.

Are there any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Dan

I'm not sure I can diagnose the problem here on the forum. But you probably just need to set some other text in the template, in the Variable Text Editor (not just in a rule), to the Router-Medium font, so that the font gets collected up with the job in Assets.dat for use on the remote composition machine. You can create a Formatted Text Resource with a single letter in that font, so that the extra text doesn't show up in the output.

But you probably just need to set some other text in the template, in the Variable Text Editor (not just in a rule), to the Router-Medium font, so that the font gets collected up with the job in Assets.dat for use on the remote composition machine. You can create a Formatted Text Resource with a single letter in that font, so that the extra text doesn't show up in the output.

+1

I have had this problem in the past and our original solution was to type some static text in white on a a white background on the template to force the font to be collected for use in rules. Later we realized we could just create a (unused) text resource using that font and that would work as well.