InDesign Plugin?

AdamWilson

I had to uninstall FP from a previous computer and reinstall it to a new one.

Problem: The Fusion Pro Palette in InDesign isn't there

System:

Mac OS X 10.6.8

InDesign CC 9.2.2

Fusion Pro 9.2.31

I reinstalled FP twice now and the palette will not show up as an option. It appears to work just fine in Acrobat but I haven't ran any real tests yet. Is there a place I can download just the ID plugin? Or is there something I can do in the files/folders to make this work?

Thank you

Edited by AdamWilson

The plug-ins for all supported versions of InDesign are in this folder on your Mac:

/Library/Application Support/PTI/FusionPro/Plug-ins/Design/InDesign

You should be able to copy the files FusionProCCEX.InDesignPlugin and FusionProCCUI.InDesignPlugin from there to the folder that Alex mentioned.

That worked!... Sort of.

I found the plugins and copy/paste them into the folder Alex mentioned above. The FP palette is now installed :)

Unfortunately it doesn't export a variable pdf. It literally does nothing when I click "Export.."

After looking around the forums I can see there are a couple devoted to this issue but I can't seem to find a solution.

Any suggestions? We're almost there.

If this is not the case, I'll be ditching CS6 today! :D

Actually, Michelle, it's your version of FusionPro. The FusionPro 9.2 release does support InDesign CC:

http://marcom.com/fusionpro-vdp-software-version-history/

(Although it's just the original InDesign CC version 9, not InDesign CC 2014 version 10. Support for InDesign CC 2014 is added in FusionPro 9.3.)

Sure, although I think you still have access to InDesign CS6 through your Creative Cloud license.

Thanks for that, Dan.

My belief that only CS6 was supported was "confirmed" by the notice at the top of this board. So I don't feel quite as badly about being mistaken.

I'll be investigating whether we can update to 9.2 for sure. Although I think our server version may restrict us there. I know that was an issue previously. But I sure would like to get away from having more than one version of ID installed.

I will now back out and return this thread to its regularly scheduled discussion. Good day, gentlemen. :)

That worked!... Sort of.

I found the plugins and copy/paste them into the folder Alex mentioned above. The FP palette is now installed :)

Unfortunately it doesn't export a variable pdf. It literally does nothing when I click "Export.."

After looking around the forums I can see there are a couple devoted to this issue but I can't seem to find a solution.

Any suggestions? We're almost there.

If you select "About FusionPro" from the plug-in palette in InDesign, or select one of those plug-in files in the Finder and do a "Get Info" (Command-I), what version does it report?

Fusion Pro seems to be having trouble loading my fonts. Could this have anything to do with the issue I'm having?

What exactly do you mean by trouble loading your fonts? Do you mean that when you do "Load Fonts" from the FusionPro app, it fails? Or do you mean that all of the fonts are not carried over properly when you export from InDesign? Or something else? Please be more specific.

My belief that only CS6 was supported was "confirmed" by the notice at the top of this board. So I don't feel quite as badly about being mistaken.

Ah, sorry about that. We never really did get around to officially announcing 9.2 here on the forum. Anyway, 9.3 will be out very shortly, and will support both versions of InDesign CC, including the 2014 version.

My font loading status after installing Fusion Pro is stuck on:

"Locating Macintosh Fonts"

instead of quickly running through the list of fonts as it normally does after installing the program.

If you cancel that, quit the FusionPro app, run it again, and select Server -> Load Fonts from the menu, does that work?

Thanks for your help Dan.

It's getting late here. Tomorrow I'm going to try to uninstall/reinstall 1 more time. If that doesn't work I'll contact support, direct them to this forum and request the FusionPro Mac Installer 9.2.35.

Thanks again for your help. I'll post my results later.