JLYT files fail to Indigo ProdPro

We are writing JLYT format on variable jobs with Fusion Pro Creator 9.2.31. We send to hotfolder for a HP Indigo PRoduction Pro Server / Indigo 7500 press. The JLYT files fail at the server.

We write PPML files from Fusion pro, and those process through Producution Pro without error.

I am wanting to try JLYT because we have noticed the press slower vrs faster with JLYT files from SmartStream (which process through the server without error) vrs PPML from Fusion Pro.

The JLYT files fail at the server. Does anyone else experience this or know why?

The Production does not seem to give specific errors. It was a router error originally. We rebooted it, and resent and attached the resulting message.

We have tried other JLT files and those also fail to process. I cannot tell you the specific error. It could have been something vague like "failed to import". I am trying to discover if there is something about the JLYT from Fusion Pro that causes an error. Maybe others have experienced similar issue.

I also attached the file we are trying to process. It is a simple test file. Not a real job.

Three Names Test.pdf

prod pro Jlt error.pdf

3Names-Output.jlt.zip

The Production does not seem to give specific errors. It was a router error originally. We rebooted it, and resent and attached the resulting message.

We have tried other JLT files and those also fail to process. I cannot tell you the specific error. It could have been something vague like "failed to import". I am trying to discover if there is something about the JLYT from Fusion Pro that causes an error. Maybe others have experienced similar issue.

I also attached the file we are trying to process. It is a simple test file. Not a real job.

Okay, let me try asking this way: What is the expected result when you place the output file in the hot folder? And what is the actual result? And exactly how are those two results different?

We took a look at the files you posted. The JLYT file you supplied processed successfully on our QA RIP, which is an HP Indigo Production Pro 4.5. What version are you running?

Also, is the problem specific to FusionPro output? In other words, are there other (non-FusionPro) jobs that process, or does everything fail for you? There should be some sample JLYT jobs available with the RIP.

Anyway, there's not much for us to go on from the error message you posted. At this point, I think your best bet is to contact HP Support and ask them what exactly that "could not transfer the job to the device in route" message means and how to fix it on the RIP.

Finally, if you're using PPML, you may see faster processing if you check the "Use Original Graphics" box on the PPML Options dialog.

Any recent JLYT files from Fusion Pro have failed on our Production Pro Rip.

Product version 4.625 I-fix4

Build I9

System Manager Version 2.1.74

JLYT from HP SmartStream software process fine.

Your feedback is very helpful. I am thinking there is a font issue on our Production Pro. Fonts not loaded or recognized by production pro (such as Arial in the test files) are causing the job to fail.

Your test proves that our JLYT file from Fusion Pro works and therefore this should not be a fusion pro issue.

We did another test, and found changing the font to courier or helvetica in the test file, and writing another JLYT. The file successfully processes through our ProdPro.

My next step is to contact HP support.

Thank you.