Inserting a break "page" between sections

brightfish

I'm trying to produce a set of sequentially numbered labels. The entire order needs to be broken down into rolls of 500. I'd like to insert a "break" page between each section of 500 labels. I tried to do this with an Overflow page, but I can't figure out how to trigger the overflow page to insert every 500 labels.

Does anyone know how to make this work?

(using FP 9.2.31 on OS X)

Thank you for the response, David.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that the slip sheet looks to fill an entire "sheet" of the imposition, and not just one "page"/label. That wouldn't work for this setup because the labels run in a long stream and then need a single break between two streams of 500 labels (through the stack vertical/stack direction, but not horizontal).

Does that make sense?

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe that the slip sheet looks to fill an entire "sheet" of the imposition, and not just one "page"/label.

Yes.

That wouldn't work for this setup because the labels run in a long stream and then need a single break between two streams of 500 labels (through the stack vertical/stack direction, but not horizontal).

Does that make sense?

Just set the desired stack size in FP Imposer, and then on the Imposition tab of the Composition settings dialog, tell it to insert the slip sheet at the beginning of the stack.

If that's not what you want, then please post a sample job which demonstrates what you're seeing, and an explanation of exactly how it's different than the desired output.