Installing FusionPro.

Fletch

I upgraded to FP 6 a few months ago (MAC) and I discovered the Barcode fonts did not install on my system. The advice I received was to re-install the the Software. So, I did that this morning (after uninstalling it) and when the installation gets to the point where it locating the system fonts, it crashes FP and I get a '-609 Invalid Connection' error. I've done this 2 times this morning. When I launch Acrobat and FP, none of the fonts are available in FP, it doesn't see any fonts at all. When I run the Font loader from FP, it does the same as when installing the program, it crashes with the -609 error.

Any Ideas?

By default, FusionPro seeks to copy font information from the "Mac HD : Library : Fonts" folder on your Apple Macintosh.

You will need to ensure that your user logon provides access priviliges to this location.

If you are using a font management system such as Xtensis Suitcase, you will need to ensure that it does not restrict access to this information as well. FusionPro does not interface directly with third party font applications.

The User logon does not restrict access on my MAC. I am using Font Explorer X from Lynotype. The thing is, I've been using this MAC, and Font Explorer X, since 2006. I had no problems with the earlier version of FP, and even when I upgraded a few months ago. I'm going to try and download the FP 6.0 again. (Maybe I'll do the PC this time):eek:

Fletch,

Do you have the IDautomation fonts somewhere else?

I had the same problem(PC - side) and I ended up bringing the fonts in from another version of FusionPro, installed them in the system fonts folder, and then FusionPro worked.

I was just seeing the Barcode fonts not installing so that is all that I installed prior to the FusionPro install, FYI.

Well, the problem (and this is on a MAC) is that FusionPro will not see ANY of the fonts in the System fonts folder. When I go into acrobat, launch FP and create a Barcode rule, the pulldown menu to select a font is empty. If I create a variable text frame, then edit the text, the font selection pulldown is....empty! FP is not seeing the any fonts.

My problem stemmed from the Barcode fonts were never installed with the original installation. Not that I've re-installed.....I have Barcode fonts in the system...but FP can't see any fonts.

Bottom line is.....the fonts are there, FP can't load them.

Okay, FP is working on my PC and the Barcode fonts are there. Now, I have a very unusual predicament. I'm generating a UPC-A Barcode from a .csv file. The numerical field for the barcode has 12 digits in all 5000 records, where I only need 11 digits. (The extra digit is the checksum digit). Can I tell the software to ignore the 12th digit, instead of having to delete the last digit from all 5000 records?:cool:

Please contact Support for all installation/registration issues.

Okay, FP is working on my PC and the Barcode fonts are there. Now, I have a very unusual predicament. I'm generating a UPC-A Barcode from a .csv file. The numerical field for the barcode has 12 digits in all 5000 records, where I only need 11 digits. (The extra digit is the checksum digit). Can I tell the software to ignore the 12th digit, instead of having to delete the last digit from all 5000 records?:cool:

Please start a new thread for each new issue.

Archived