Can I use an imposition file (.fpi) with this code?

DCS

here is my code for a onrecordstart rule.

It works perfectly (thanks to everyone at PTI and the user community)

What I was wondering is it possible to add my imposition file (.fpi) and have it run the correct imposition on the file it makes or am I stuck with a 1 out file?

Thanks

Mike

if (FieldChanged("WelcomePackageCode"))

{

outpath = "c:\\Oscar Files\\Jan 9 Kits\\Mailing\\FS Labels\\" + Field("WelcomePackageCode") + "\\";

filename = Field("WelcomePackageCode");

outfile = outpath + filename;

FusionPro.Composition.OpenNewOutputFile(outfile + "." + FusionPro.Composition.outputFormatExtension);

}

Are you asking whether it's possible to apply different imposition templates to different output files (chunks) from the same composition? If so, the answer is No. But you can certainly define an imposition for the entire job, in the Composition Settings dialog, and it will be used to apply imposition to all the output files.

The latter....

When I use my imposition file I get this error:

"The number of records requested in a chunk is not compatible with the imposition setting. The number of records in a chunk has been adjusted" as well as it not writing the proper file name and putting it into proper folder.

Once again, thanks for all your help

Mike

When I use my imposition file I get this error:

"The number of records requested in a chunk is not compatible with the imposition setting. The number of records in a chunk has been adjusted" as well as it not writing the proper file name and putting it into proper folder.

Oh, I see. If you're using stacked imposition and composing to multiple output files (chunks), then the start of the next output file (the "chunk break") is deferred until the start of the next stack (the "stack break"), by default (to match the old behavior, before "arbitrary chunking" was introduced).

You can change this, so that the new output file (chunk) starts right away, even if the previous output file (chunk) did not fill up a complete stack, by setting this in OnJobStart:

FusionPro.Composition.chunksBreakStacks = true;