QR Font Size Control

dreimer

Is there a way to use a fraction of a point size, say 5.5 with the Create QR Barcode Rule? The client has supplied artwork with a blank area for the barcode and would like to fill it. If I use 6 point it is too large for the area and 5 point will leave alot of white space. Is there a control somewhere to override? I tried to use a fraction and it doesn't change anything. I also tried the Preferred format with no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The MakeQRBarcode function casts the point size to an integer, which it probably shouldn't do. There are a few ways to work around this. The simplest is probably just to use some magnify tags to tweak the overall size, by changing the last line of the rule like so:

return '<magnify factor=110 type=leading><magnify factor=110 type=text>' +
   MakeQRBarcode(DataToEncode, ProcessTilde,
         EncodingMode, ErrorCorrectionMode, PreferredFormat,
         PointSize, NoFontTag, Font);

Or, you could call MakeQRBarcodeGraphic and scale to a Graphic frame.

• 2 months later...
So I am using the XML rule to create my QR Codes as a graphic. Was wondering how I can go about changing the color? Do I have to convert to JavaScript and add a line to the rule? Thanks for any help.

Currently, the graphic barcodes are only in Black. You need to use a text-based barcode in order to change the color.