Unicode - not working in Flat File Data

Hello,

In the FusionPro Composition dialog, go to the "Advanced" tab and see if the checkbox for "Limit text processing to MacRoman text" (it's Latin 1 on Windows vs. MacRoman on the Mac) is checked.

If it is, uncheck it and try composing again.

hth

The checkbox didn't help. I am now working with both the Mac and Windows versions of FP 5.8Pc2 with the same bad result.

I've saved the data file in various UTF formats, ie., UTF8, UTF16, UTF16-Little Endian, nothing works. The resulting text files display the Russian correctly in both Mac and Windows text editors.

When reviewing the data files in FP, I only see things like "<unicode>04220444044c0443</unicode>" in place of the Russian characters.

The Russian characters do not display at all in Preview, and show up as garbage characters in the composed file (yes the Limit Processing to... box is unchecked).

No the templates do not compose correctly, nor do they preview correctly.

If I enter Russian as simple text into a text frame, it appears correctly in the text frame editor but does not display in Preview. In Preview, I get blanks where the Russian is. Same blanks if the Russian is in the data file.

Hello,

Our support team will be able to help you diagnose this issue. If you haven't already, please send them an email at fusionProSupport@printable.com with details about you job including a sample template (PDF template file along with data, the font files for the font you are using, and the composition message log from a composition).

Thank you.

Archived