XML log file

hoover

I use the OnNewOutputfile rule

"FusionPro.Composition.CreateXMLLogFile(["/PATH/"+ logname +".xml"]

Is that the exact syntax? What are the square brackets for? You probably don't have a valid file name. Try it with no parameters first and see if that works.

Hi Dan,

FusionPro.Composition.CreateXMLLogFile(["/Volumes/PrePress/ MAILER STURING/DATABASE/"+ logname +".xml"])

Like you can see i first have the location, then I use a JavaScript Global variable(logname), and then it ends with .xml

The value I gave the xml-file in the OnRecordStart rule is a string like:

00000000,00000001,01,01,00000001,01,000441345249,5249,0000,0000,0000,0000,0000,1,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0

It works fine in FP 7.1. I tested the function even with no parameters and is doesn't work.

Maybe I should delete al of FP 7.2 and reinstall?

Thanks Hoover

FusionPro.Composition.CreateXMLLogFile(["/Volumes/PrePress/ MAILER STURING/DATABASE/"+ logname +".xml"])

Like you can see i first have the location, then I use a JavaScript Global variable(logname), and then it ends with .xml

The value I gave the xml-file in the OnRecordStart rule is a string like:

00000000,00000001,01,01,00000001,01,000441345249,5249,0000,0000,0000,0000,0000,1,0,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,1,0,0,0,0,0

It works fine in FP 7.1. I tested the function even with no parameters and is doesn't work.

Maybe I should delete al of FP 7.2 and reinstall?

Please try what I suggested earlier and call the function with no parameters, like so:

FusionPro.Composition.CreateXMLLogFile();

This should create an XML log file with the same name, and in the same folder, as your output file, but with the extension ".xml".

If this works, then the path you're specifying is probably wrong. Do you actually have a volume called "PrePress" mounted? You can try opening up the Terminal and issuing this command:

cd "/Volumes/PrePress/ MAILER STURING/DATABASE/"

If that doesn't work, then the path is invalid, and you can't create a file there. You might want to try a local folder on your computer instead of a network drive which may or may not be mounted with a particular name.

Also, should there really be a space before the "M" in "MAILER"? You have to get the path exactly right.

I tried just creating an XML log file as you said but this won't work.

I didn't use a path but there's nothing wrong with it because the rule works absolutely fine with FP 7.1

Could it be a MAC problem?

Thanks Hoover

I tried just creating an XML log file as you said but this won't work.

Did you look where the main composition log (.msg) file is for a file with the .xml extension?

I didn't use a path but there's nothing wrong with it because the rule works absolutely fine with FP 7.1

You mean it used to work with 7.1. How do you know that it currently works with FusionPro 7.1? The path to the mounted network drive could have changed since you installed FP 7.2.

Archived