composition file name with backslash

Hadrian

Trying to compose to different directory and unfortunately we have discovered that the client has backslashes in their naming convention ("BK09901-16/IN139652") when i try to use the following output i keep getting sub folders in the directory due to the backslashes. How can i normalize the backslashes in the field?

asset = "BK09901-16/IN139652";
FusionPro.Composition.outputFileFullPathName = dir + asset+  " " + metal+ " " + "BRO" + ".pdf";

As far as I know, you can not name a file with a forward slash. I tried several things but to no avail. Are you composing on your Windows machine or your Mac machine? You can change your file names to include a "/" on the mac but the OS reverts back to it's old ways of using the ":" separator.

Would it be possible for you to do something like this:

FusionPro.Composition.outputFileFullPathName = dir + asset.replace("/","-") +  " " + metal+ " " + "BRO" + ".pdf";

Where in this scenario, you're replacing their forward slash with a dash.

Thanks step. After 2 hours of trying to figure it out, i gave up and did something similar to your suggestion. The issue that i did not mention is that i have a database that i have to reference to the file name. Since that was the case the referencing java script basically reversed replaced "/" with "#" since the file name has the "#" in it and the database has the "/".

metalDB = new ExternalDataFileEx("Metals.txt", "\t");
metal = metalDB.GetFieldValue("Metal", 1);
asset = Field("Account").replace(/\//gi, "#");

FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName = asset + " " + metal+ " " + "BRO" + ".pdf";

Archived