Creating a secured output pdf file

umakadar

Hi,

I have an input text file which I use with a template to create set of individual output pdf files. Is there a way or command I can lock these pdfs created. I am creating these pdfs for users and need to secure them.

Please advise.

Thanks

JAVASCRIPT RULE TO DYNAMICALLY NAME OUTPUT FILES WHEN CHUNKING

new_name = Field("Name") + ".pdf"

FusionPro.Composition.outputFileName = new_name

return 0;

Note: Use Callback Rule “OnNewOutputFile”

In the Composition Settings Menu's "Doc Info" tab, you can set a password for the output file generated.

Alex,

Any idea if that password can be set dynamically with a field in your data file? It probably would not really be considered all that secure if every customers' pdf file (assuming that you are creating individual pdf files for each record named with an account number or name field or something like that) could be opened with the same password. We do quite a bit of work for insurance companies and hospitals that would find this feature quite useful.

Having all 100,000+ files being opened by the same password? Not cool.

Thanks Alex for the reply. I am able to create template with security settings and when I run that against the input text file, it created the locked pdfs, But as David mentioned, it would be nice to have unique password for each file.

Thanks again!

Archived